My husband and I were invited over for dinner with a family from church that we didn't know very well. I did know that they have 5 kids and that the wife looks like she's 16! Amazing. Another couple was there that we didn't know that well either. I was feeling better (I was in a car accident with some crazy driver on Wednesday) so we decided to get out and make some friends. We had a really nice time. My husband got to talk about things of the Lord with some really good strong believers, the men hit it off really well.
Of course I knew for me right away that there would be some awkward moments with the women because one was very cute very sweet a newly wed and pregnant. So naturally the conversation would be steered in that direction. God is so good and gracious to me. I was able to participate some what normally in the conversations and I honestly had such a nice time with them. Man I hope I can be pregnant some day!
My husband told me about an amazing but true story he heard on a Christian radio show in Chicago. There was a couple who tried for a long time to have children with no success. They found out about two young teenage girls in their area who were pregnant. They were going to adopt each young woman's babay. It turned out that both women ended up having twins, so they went from 0 kids to 4 kids in a matter of weeks. Shortly after taking home the four babies, the wife who was unable to have children became pregnant with triplets (excuse me whilst I throw up). So in one year, they have gone from 0 kids now to 7! Just amazing, the parents were Christians and were praying and trusting God Almighty and look what He did for them! Praise the Lord!
Six Plus Two
10 years ago

Alicia! I'm sorry to hear of the car accident. Even a fairly minor one is a pretty scary thing to endure. I'm glad you're ok.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I know that get togethers like that can often be awkward when you're left to hang out with all the moms, so I'm relieved that it went ok for you.
Wow, 0 to 7 in one year! Yowza. But also, amazing.
I too am so sorry to hear about the accident! Hugs!! I'm so glad you are safe and not injured!
ReplyDeleteAlso, thank-you for sharing this uplifting story about this couple. God can and DOES still work miracles today and this is a wonderful example of how. One thing that give me strength is that I know God knows the end. He does what is best for me. So I just keep looking at the future in those terms. We don't know whats coming, but He does!!!!!!